Check out what we have coming up for Leading Public Health Enterprises, Inc!
- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Volunteer to Vaccinate!
January 19, 2021 - February 14, 2021Free
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health is looking for licensed clinical professionals (LCPs) to volunteer to help with their mass vaccination efforts. Public Health is hosting five large vaccine Point of Dispensing (POD) sites 8:00am – 6:30pm daily from Tuesday, January 19, 2021 to Sunday, February 14, 2021.
If you are one of the following licensed clinical professionals* below please sign up to volunteer:
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Physician Assistant (PA)
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
- Dentist (DDS)
- Pharmacist (PharmD)
The clinical roles include:
- Preparing and drawing the vaccine
- Monitoring vaccine temperature
- Administering vaccine
- Observing people for reactions to vaccines
*If you do not currently have a current CA license in these professions, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has needs you too! Please consider volunteering in a non-clinical role.
- Assist with controlling the flow of the traffic and parking
- Taking temperature of clients in line and asking and verifying they are healthcare workers
- Checking in clients who have appointments and are registered on the electronic registration system on a laptop
- Assist with setup, moving supplies, counting supplies, and providing clinical staff with supplies as needed
- Observe people for reactions to vaccine and notify clinical staff if a person does seem to be feeling well
Things to know:
- These are all 10-hour volunteer shifts (8:00am – 6:30 pm) 7 days a week; unfortunately, they are no part time shifts available.
- Job specific appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided.
- Liability coverage is provided to all volunteers who register and complete the required paperwork.
- Training materials will be sent by email beforehand. On-site training will also be provided.
- Get vaccinated. Sign up here to be vaccinated ahead of time or you can receive the COVID-19 vaccine onsite. If you have already had one dose of vaccine and you are due the second dose you can receive that onsite (if we are using vaccine made by the same manufacturer as your original dose).